Bugfix and Improvements on encoding probe

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Mon Mar 30 04:12:40 UTC 2009

Peter Zhou wrote:
> thanks for the patch!
> This is the bug confuses me for years.
>
> I think we should test and fix it at least before taglib fixing the bug
> (if it is the bug of taglib)

Patching TagLib itself is a far, far simper fix than this monster patch.
 I'd like to see the fix go there so that we don't have to keep any
local fixes around.

That being said, being the semi-official TagLib watcher on the Amarok
team, I've advocated for a while that distros should be packaging TagLib
from SVN semi-regularly, as there are just too many bug fixes/patches in
there to ignore.

--Jeff