Bugfix and Improvements on encoding probe

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 12:58:47 UTC 2009

2009/3/28 Wang Hoi <zealot.hoi at gmail.com>:
> This patch first fix a bug:
>
> Taglib::String::toCString() only works correctly if
> Taglib::String::isLatin(), since taglib internally directly convert
> wchar to char, high bits ignored. (eg. 0xec0b -> 0x0b)

So isn't this a bug in Taglib? I'm not very familiar with character
encoding stuff, but your proposed patch sounds less then ideal (only
doing character probing when isLatin is true, doesn't that take away
the whole point?).

Since you've indentified what the issue truely is, and its one I know
we've been having trouble with, maybe a true fix is possible?

Thanks,
Ian