gSoC Implement a better database schema

Ben K mrmrpotatohead at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 07:11:41 UTC 2009

Hey Caleb,

I quite like that Jeff Atwood quote, and sometimes I feel that way too
(sometimes it's true!). However, I wasn't saying 'The source code is freely
available. If you feel so strongly about this bugfix/tweak/feature/plugin,
why don't you code it yourself?"

I was saying "It sounds like you wanna do some coding (you did after all
submit a GSoC proposal). Here are some things to be aware of.". Not quite
the 'F- you' Atwood refers to.

I'm only just getting familiar with the code base myself, and finding lots
of things I'd like to change. If you are really serious about fixing that
ratings bug I'll help you code a patch (with what little knowledge I do
have).

That is, if there are no objections from the Amarok devs. Incidentally, how
do things like that work? If I (or Caleb) think that 'no rating' should be
stored as a null, do I just make the changes, and submit a patch, uncertain
in the knowledge it may not be used? Or is there some way to get approval
for changes/'bug fixes' like that?

Is ones Bugzilla ticket not being rejected and staying open enough to assume
consent to fix it?

Cheers
Ben