GSoC project proposal

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:01:55 UTC 2009

Hi Andreas.

I think we could make a very interesting project out of this.

What I would propose that you do is write a draft of a formal proposal
and post it here, before submitting it to Google. The deadline for
submissions is the 3rd of April, so while not in a big hurry yet, you
should start working on it as soon as possible.

The formal proposal needs to contain some information about the
background/use cases for the project, descriptions of the different
parts, an estimated timeline for the work and some info about
yourself.

As a good reference proposal, here is a link to a proposal for another
project so you can see the parts needed and such.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg7vjhzd_3xhk44qhb

If you have any questions about any parts of this, feel free to ask.
Also, it might be an idea to check out the Amarok source code and play
around with it a bit. Currently building it requires a little bit of
magic, but if you drop by out IRC channel #amarok on irc.freenode.net
someone is bound to be able to help you.

- Nikolaj