GSoC Proposal : Video-clip applet in Amarok 2.X context-view

Simon ESNEAULT simon.esneault at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:28:54 UTC 2009

Yes there's still a video applet in the playground, but it was a big hack
(not really an applet), used the full context view instead, and it just play
a video file which is in the playlist.

With this project I would like something different : When you'll play a
track, it will automatically retrieve url of corresponding video clip stream
for this song using data-engine, and offer the possibility to play them
directly in the context view. (hence stoping the currently playing track)

It won't offer a search box or something, but just play the corresponding
video-clip, so I consider it more like additional information for the
current track (like wikipedia, lyrics, etc)

Don't know if it's enough for a GSoC, but as i would like to implement it
anyway and i'm a student, why not trying :o)

Simon

2009/3/23 Peter Zhou <peterzhoulei at gmail.com>

> markey did make a plasmoid for videos, didn't he?
> --
> Cheers,
> Peter ZHOU

Simon Esneault
Laboratoire Traitement du Signal et de l'Image, (LTSI, UMR-INSERM 642)
Université de Rennes I, Campus de Beaulieu,
35042 Rennes Cedex, France.
Tel : +33 (0)6 64 61 30 94
Mail : simon.esneault at univ-rennes1.fr