20090321TS -- Re Amarok Build 20090312

bmacasuru bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Sun Mar 22 04:41:41 UTC 2009

Greetings --

Please allow me to begin by recognizing the fact that I really AM a
"weird duck"!

I have a partially-functional openSUSE 10.2 -- AND a newly installed
Kubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) -- on my computer.  In the openSUSE variant
of Amarok, I can play a song without having it forced into a playlist --
and I like this very much.  It seems as if I cannot have this effect
under the Kubuntu variant; I do NOT like this!

Is there any way that I can tell the new Amarok to make NO playlist
automatically -- to let me simply play the music I want, when and as I
want?

Let me explain a PART of the reason for my preference.  I am not
particularly talented, but I play the Dobro.  I have some songs that I
like to play along with.  There are a few songs which are recorded with
a "pregnant" ending.  Sometimes, I like to add a little -- but that gets
seriously interrupted by the next automated song.  Getting away from
this (which is common on the CDs!) is one reason for my enjoying savings
songs to my HDD.  So the new features of Amarok effectively subvert the
best of its previous characteristics for me!

I realize that I am one out of so-many million, but is there any way
that I can effectively "downgrade" or set the new version so that it
works for me?

THANK YOU for your time with this -- admittedly peculiar! --
message!!!!!

布鲁斯 麦克阿瑟
Bruce   Mac Arthur
15875 Switzer