QtScript Generator removed from Amarok SVN

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 22 00:28:01 UTC 2009

On 21.03.09 18:44:59, Ian Monroe wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 21.03.09 11:12:07, Ian Monroe wrote:
> >> Well at this point it shouldn't be a surprise given that I've been
> >> talking about it all month. :)
> >>
> >> QtScript Generator is now an external dependency in Amarok trunk, that
> >> you can get from here:
> >> http://code.google.com/p/qtscriptgenerator/
> >> You may need this patch to compile:
> >> http://code.google.com/p/qtscriptgenerator/issues/detail?id=39
> >
> > The patch from that report doesn't apply against the source package, but
> > I can't see why it doesn't.  (using patch v 2.5.9 here).
>
> Well I made the patch against git. But I also don't see why it
> wouldn't apply, I don't think that file has been changed, maybe you
> didn't use the correct -p1 or -p0 or whatever option.

Well, I did of course try both, if you look at the diff its clear that
-p1 is needed :)

I did also make the changes myself manually and produced a new diff.
That one however looks a little different to the one thats been
uploaded, in particular the start looks like this:

,----
|  #include <QtXml/QtXml>
|
|  #include <QtUiTools/QtUiTools>
| +#include <QtXmlPatterns/QtXmlPatterns>
| +#include <QtWebKit/QtWebKit>
|
| -#ifndef QT_NO_XMLPATTERNS
| -#  include <QtXmlPatterns/QtXmlPatterns>
| -#endif
| -
| -#ifndef QT_NO_WEBKIT
| -#  include <QtWebKit/QtWebKit>
| -#endif
| -
| -#ifndef QT_NO_PHONON
| -#  include <phonon/phonon>
| -#endif
| +#include "phonon/abstractaudiooutput.h"
`----

If you compare that with the one in the report you'll notice that in
the above patch the empty line after QtUiTools/QtUiTools is being
"preserved" and not removed and re-added. This has been produced by a
simple diff -u filea fileb, maybe your git-diff has additional
parameters that are given to diff that produce the mismatch.

I'm attaching the whole diff in case anybody feels like updating the
bugreport.

Andreas

--
You will experience a strong urge to do good; but it will pass.