Notice: taglib-extras required

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Mar 21 12:09:46 UTC 2009

On 21.03.09 12:55:15, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> > Taglib-Extras is now a required dependency of Amarok from SVN.  You can
> > find it in the trunk/kdesupport/taglib-extras directory of KDE's SVN
> > tree.  You will need to either build it yourself, or wait for packagers
> > to come out with a package for it.
>
> Just a note for those of you installing Amarok and taglib-extras in
> your $HOME: If you get linker errors while building Amarok, put this
> (it works for me) in your .bashrc, or type it manually before
> compiling ;)
>
> "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/kde/build/taglib-extras/taglib-extras"
>

> PS:
> I'm still hoping that it might be possible to fix our CMake scripts to
> make this step unnecessary, but I don't know how. Any CMake experts
> here? Please speak up now! ;)

Are the errors about libraries that taglib-extras links against or from
amarok code missing taglib-extras? Usually KDE apps automatically set
rpath on their binary (because FindKDE4Internal.cmake sets a cmake flag
to always use rpath), so the export above shouldn't be necessary as long
as CMake knows the proper absolute path to the taglib-extras library
when building amarok.

I'm currently rebuilding all of kde4 so should see this soon myself as
well. At least I can't see any obvious errors from a quick look through
amarok's CMakeLists.txt or the FindTagLib-Extras.cmake module.

Andreas

--
Beware of a tall black man with one blond shoe.