Google Summer of Code: Playlist and Collection synchronization

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:54:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:43 AM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:

>> Do you have other obligations from late May to early August (school, work,
>> etc.)?:  I am currently planning on taking 11 credit hours, but I am willing
>> to take fewer hours if the project necessitates it.
> /me is not familiar with the school system in the US, could you
> elaborate? How much time will you be able to spend on this project
> exclusively per week?

Yike, 11 credit hours is a full load for the summer. I think my
university doesn't allow more then 9 over the summer. So either your
summer semester lasts longer (ours was only 6 weeks), or you take
classes 8-5. Either way thats pretty much no good for GSoC. At least
with Amarok, we expect students to be devoted to GSoC an average of 40
hours/week for the duration.

GSoC is something you do instead of summer classes. So yea, Australia
is pretty much screwed, but thats Google's fault not ours. :)

Ian