Notice: taglib-extras required

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Mar 20 11:10:05 UTC 2009

Matt wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Taglib-Extras is now a required dependency of Amarok from SVN.  You can
>> find it in the trunk/kdesupport/taglib-extras directory of KDE's SVN
>> tree.  You will need to either build it yourself, or wait for packagers
>> to come out with a package for it.
>
> Hello.  I am currently maintaining the Amarok 2 port for FreeBSD and
> would like to make sure that we have what we need in the FreeBSD ports
> tree when Amarok 2.1 is released.
>
> Is the subversion checkout the only way to get the source files right
> now, or are there snapshots somewhere that I can point a taglib-extras
> port at for download?

Matt,

You may want to join the Amarok packagers group -- details of the
release were posted there, along with the link to the tarball.

As I may release 0.11 soon to fix a build issue when taglib is not
located in /usr/include/taglib, this may be a good idea.

Contact me off-list if you'd like details.

--Jeff