Notice: taglib-extras required

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Thu Mar 19 14:46:22 UTC 2009

Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 2009 m. March 19 d., Thursday 16:26:34 Orville Bennett wrote:
>> Thanks for the update Jeff. I was wondering how it would work being
>> optional dependency. :-)
> It also thought I supposed to be optional. Quoting original announcement:
>
> "We would like it to be an optional but encouraged dependency for Amarok 2.1."

Yes, this changed, because some developers felt that the wording wasn't
strong enough.

It was optional in the sense that it was not required to actually build
Amarok, but it was encouraged in the sense that you can't build MP4 or
WMA files (and a few other formats) into your collection without it.

So, to prevent confusion for users, we've make it explicitly required.

--Jeff