any patches to make amarok 2.0.2 compile on qt-4.5?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 19 13:20:00 UTC 2009

On 19.03.09 07:50:22, Ian Monroe wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:52 AM, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:
> > so I think the subject line says it all. I'd like to get a working
> > patch into regen2 (distribution) and the other gentoo based
> > distributions, since they're all likely running qt-4.5 and amarok is
> > probably 80% untestable... I know it ran on qt-4.5 (w/ bugs) but you
> > had to have it already built.
>
> Just build the QtScript Generator as a separate package.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/qtscriptgenerator/downloads/list
>
> You'll probably have a little bit of trouble building it as well, but
> it'll be some pretty straightforward fixes.
>
> Then you can depend on it and disable its building in Amarok, or
> backport the cmake test that disables its building if it already
> exists. Eelko's patch is a pretty horrible idea for a source-based
> distro.
>
> Ian
> P.S. to everyone else on the list... I'm disappointed that hardly
> anyone made bugs requesting the qtscript generator package for their
> distro, so we still have uninformed distro maintainers like Caleb. :(

Shouldn't amarok's cmake code print out

a) that the generator is needed
b) where to find the code

That should make any such bugreports superflous as the packager trying to
build amarok will immediately see that he needs a dependency thats not in
his distribution and take the needed steps.

Andreas

--
There was a phone call for you.