any patches to make amarok 2.0.2 compile on qt-4.5?

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 12:50:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:52 AM, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:
> so I think the subject line says it all. I'd like to get a working
> patch into regen2 (distribution) and the other gentoo based
> distributions, since they're all likely running qt-4.5 and amarok is
> probably 80% untestable... I know it ran on qt-4.5 (w/ bugs) but you
> had to have it already built.

Just build the QtScript Generator as a separate package.

http://code.google.com/p/qtscriptgenerator/downloads/list

You'll probably have a little bit of trouble building it as well, but
it'll be some pretty straightforward fixes.

Then you can depend on it and disable its building in Amarok, or
backport the cmake test that disables its building if it already
exists. Eelko's patch is a pretty horrible idea for a source-based
distro.

Ian
P.S. to everyone else on the list... I'm disappointed that hardly
anyone made bugs requesting the qtscript generator package for their
distro, so we still have uninformed distro maintainers like Caleb. :(