Amarok latest SVN compilation issue

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:22:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 08:54:08 -0500
> Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
>
>> Install QtScript Generator from
>> http://code.google.com/p/qtscriptgenerator/downloads/list
>
>        Ok, but qtscript generator is very strange, there're no clear
> instructions on how to install it... the README just says how to use in
> your app, but not how to install it to use on any app... :(

Well actually the README says how to build it. I suppose not how to
install it? You want to put the Qt plugins into
/usr/lib/qt4/plugins/script/

>        Shouldn't Amarok provide it or give a explicit warning for
> those who try to compile Amarok without it?

We're in an interregnum. In a few weeks it will be required and we'll
delete the Amarok copy. Amarok does compile for most people, but it
also doesn't compile for a great deal of people. Thus the weird
situation.

Ian