Q: dynamic playlist of unrated songs

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 00:57:47 UTC 2009

Colin Kern said the following at 06/28/2009 06:20 PM :
> It works for me doing rating == 0.  Did you use a proportional bias or
> fuzzy bias?

Proportional bias, with the proportion set to 100%.

Of course, a zero rating isn't the same as unrated, though so that
*shouldn't* put unrated songs on the playlist.

I tried it earlier today (following a suggestion from elsewhere), and it
emphatically didn't work then (which is why I just subscribed here)... but
I just stopped amarok and restarted it, and it does now work.

But like I say, it shouldn't, for the reason above.

Anyway, thank you very much, and now I have a followup question...

What I *really* want to do is one of those "this was simple in 1.4" things
for which I haven't been able to find the right incantation in 2.x:

Suppose I want to populate a playlist with random songs from the set
  { unrated } ∪ { 5 stars }
How would I do that?

The closest I have been able to come seems to select with equal probability
from the two sets { unrated } and { 5 stars }, which isn't the same thing
at all :-(

  Doc