Ogg

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Tue Jun 23 10:24:16 UTC 2009

2009/6/23 Keith Keesing <kkeith at iconz.co.nz>:
> Sirs,
>
> My Amarok 1.4.9.1 (Using KDE 3.5.9 "release 49.1" openSUSE 11.0) won't load
> ogg files (as previous issues on previous installations of openSUSE did)
>
> Is this deliberate, or have I done something wrong ?

Hi Keith,
Amarok 1.4.9 has not been maintained in a long time. There have been
no recent changes made to the 1.4 branch, and ogg support should come
out of the box.

I would recommend directing your question to the open suse forums or
appropriate channels. Suse uses a custom amarok engine backend known
as yauap which has caused problems in the past. Consider changing to
the xine backend if you haven't already.

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/