amarok feedback - words of praise and criticize

memphisto djvujke at linuxo.org
Fri Jun 19 20:43:28 UTC 2009

First Hi to all you great guys who brought us Amarok

...and now the my reason for writing you. Well i've been linux user for quite
some time for now (about...well since..not sure..maybe it was 1998...but
actively since 2000) and all this Amarok was my choice of music player...why?
well... it collected all my mp3files, and wma and few ogg., and it all was in
one big database easily accessed from treeview widget sorted by genre or
artist...
second it was very easy to sort, organize my collection, add / delete songs.
listen to internet radio...
i was never satisfied with visualazation , but i didnt needed anyway..that
much...
i like this feature when you click X button that it doesnt close the window
but puts in systray...and from there i can change next song or previous,
stop.play...or use global shortcuts...

now we have new qt libraries...and i like Qt..really, i even wrote small app
:) but....to be honest ..i like better old look of amarok.
and i know im not the first or the last that will say this, but this new look
kind of lacks some cognizable look...but ok..you can get used to it...
i miss delete function - when will it be implemented, or will it ever be(i
mean is it planed at all) ?
i would like to see that amaroks main winodow is changable, with this i mean
that i could move play, FF,FB,next, previous and stop button to where ever i
want them to be...also this area where widgets are placed is nice, but not to
my likens ...maybe it could be placed also as a tab with all the others
(collection, internet, playlists....)
i also miss this playlists were amarok could just by one click create playlist
with all my favourite songs (by their score).
Playlist table in new verision is kind of unreadable, i really think that old
one was much better.

As i'm not a programer (just wonna be) i cant help with code but maybe some
suggestions

please dont be offended with my old fashion opinions, as i really, really like
the old amarok looks :), but i dont think that amarok2 is bad at all just isnt
like Amarok is meant to be....clean and easy

i wish you all good coding year :)