db volume scaling is teh suck as implemented

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 00:13:29 UTC 2009

Tim Blechmann wrote:
>> snip
>
> anyway, i am really sick of this discussion. i've set up a git mirror of
> amarok's trunk with my patches applied on top of it [3] ... whoever
> wants to try them, can just clone my repository ...
awesome.
Having tried it (I hate manually patching crap) I can say conclusively
that it sucks. For me.
When I put the volume to half I want it to be half as loud, not down to
10% (which my "trained" ears are telling me is the case).

Which isn't to say I couldn't get used to it, but it's neither better,
nor an innocuous little change no one will notice.
And if I didn't get used to it, I'd definitely switch from Amarok to
something else.

> personally, i don't really want to use a software, which treats me like
> a stupid idiot. i can install windows, if i want to have that experience
or OS X. And it's prettier.

> ... so i am using aqualung again ...
Happy Trails.