db volume scaling

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Wed Jun 10 23:09:31 UTC 2009

Pavel Shved wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 June 2009 23:45:18 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>> ...WTF are you going on about, Pavel?
>
> About please, please, please please just once answer to a complex-feature-
> contributor `would be nice, submit patch with your feature as a non-default
> option'

But that assumes we want the patch, or that we want to introduce a new
option.  You can't just add fifty bazillion options to the program.

> instead of `out target audience is too dumb for that, go to hell'.

There's a large difference between "too dumb" and "used to something
else their entire life"

As for the second part, you'll note that I never told Tim the patch
sucked, or anything like that.  I think that the feature should be
implemented a different way, and I questioned the reasoning for the
patch, as well as some of the assertions he was making.  That's part of
the normal dev process -- even internally within the core team.

Please, when you find the message in this thread where I said "go to
hell", do let me know.

--Jeff