db volume scaling

Pavel Shved pavel.shved at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 18:11:22 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 10 June 2009 20:23:53 Tim Blechmann wrote:
> so you want me to write a patch with a percentage scale and a
> logarithmic mapping?
According to my experience, Tim, no, they don't.  It will add OMG one extra
radio button to menu, users will think that amarok is too complex or will ask
what that is, look at funny negative scale, get interested, go read some
books, learn what logarithms are when they're maybe 5 years old--and
eventually become math geeks (true story, happened to me :-( ).  Do amarok
developers want to take responsibility for a sudden surge of maths and
massive people braindamage?  Sure no!

So, relax, have fun, issue a patch and maintain a branch.  GPL, isn't it?