db volume scaling

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Wed Jun 10 15:25:21 UTC 2009

>> personally, i am both a user and a developer of audio software aimed to
>> professionals
>
> This, I think, is where the problem comes in. Amarok is an application
> intended for end users (who may know little or nothing about audio
> technical stuff), NOT audio professionals.

well, the dynamic range does not change, when your ears are trained or
you understand the difference between power and logarithm ...
hifi amplifiers are not geared towards professionals, either ... still
they use a logarithmic scaling and decibel units

best, tim

tim at klingt.org
http://tim.klingt.org

A paranoid is a man who knows a little of what's going on.
  William S. Burroughs