db volume scaling

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 19:32:48 UTC 2009

Tim Blechmann wrote:
>> I was going to say let's just try it (what's the worst that could
>> happen). But then there was this:
>>> i would try to avoid to make it more configurable, but maybe do some
>>> user test with different scalings ... one could quickly write prototype
>>> in supercollider, pure-data or something similar ...
>> O_o
>>
>> Get off my lawn.
>> Please?
>
> äh, did i miss something?
Nah. Trolling fer the lulz.

I _was_ down for trying your patch till it seemed like the "first wave"
of changes meant to introduce overly complicated features to the volume
slider.
It's just supposed to make things louder or softer. Anything beyond that
should go into pulse/phonon/whatever backend we're using this year.