bpm counter for amarok

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:11:42 UTC 2009

On 6/5/09, Decks <decks at opensuse.org.ni> wrote:
> a bpm counter is a good feauture for Dj, or for simple user, why you can add
> this feature

A feature that automatically figures out the BPM of a track is outside
the scope of Amarok, and there are already several programs that will
do this for you.

On the other hand, I agree that it is useful to be able to assign a
BPM as a track attribute (like the track's title or duration) and then
have Amarok do stuff with the BPM value.  There's some scattered
support for BPM attributes throughout Amarok, but I don't think it's
really consistently handled or utilized.  We'll get around to it
eventually.

--
Soren Harward