Amarok 2.1 released

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Thu Jun 4 13:22:59 UTC 2009

On 06/03/2009 05:39 PM, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> The Amarok team is pleased to announce the release of Amarok 2.1.
> It includes many improvements and new features like a customizable
> playlist, an improved Context View, bookmarks, Amarok URLs and much
> more.
> Read the release notes at http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.1 for
> all the details and enjoy!
>
> Cheers
> Lydia

Due to a email address change the Bug reporting system fails to work at KDE.
Please pass this on to whom ever is interested.  If needed I can send,
cut and paste the bug file here or elsewhere.

Well finally downloaded it and the lang. rpm for openSuSE KDE 4.2.
Installed it and called it up.
It still has the same signal 11 error that 2.0.90 and 2.0.96 had.   This
system is a fresh DVD install of openSuSE 11.2 with zypper dup as updates .

Run in a konsole/xterm amarok's reported error

amarok(19056) Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin::createBackend: using backend:
"Xine"
<unknown program name>(19055)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" ,
it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message
did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
sock_file=/home/donn/.kde4/socket-m1l-suse/kdeinit4__0
donn at m1l-suse:~> amarok: Fatal IO error: client killed

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "