ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!

edkb bwdevyn at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:45:01 UTC 2009

Yes.  Lot's of apps that relied on DCOP displayed this error in the latest
KDE release (4+) so ended up seeing this all over the place after upgrading.
Konsole was one of them.  App developers may have caught up with KDE by now
but not sure.

Anyway, I've managed to reenable DCOP following these steps
http://http://www.microdevsys.com/WordPress/2008/12/04/fedora-9-kde-4x-error-couldnt-attach-to-dcop-server/
http://www.microdevsys.com/WordPress/2008/12/04/fedora-9-kde-4x-error-couldnt-attach-to-dcop-server/
but your mileage may wary.

This would essentially give you two messaging systems for a while.  Maybe
that can work for you until everyone switches to DBus completely.

Regards,
Ed KB