[Feedback] What did you do with Amarok?

Eric Altendorf ericaltendorf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:22:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Alejandro
Wainzinger<aikawarazuni at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are open to suggestions, by all means, what would wow you?

I'm not much of a feature person.  I don't need to be wowed. :)  I
want it to be fast and bulletproof and sound good.

The only "featurey" thing I can think of is album art.  That's nice.
Maybe "recommended artists", but I don't really care that much.  Aside
from that, I want it to be fast with massive music collections (it
already is), support "Various Artists" (it does again, yay), have fast
type-to-search searching within a collection (already is), have
configurable global keybindings (already has), support high quality
gapless playback (oops, currently broken in A2 since it skips the
first 5-20 seconds of every FLAC).  Amarok still crashes occasionally,
too; that would be nice to avoid.

I don't really like the new three-column layout; the middle column is
mostly useless to me. However, that is pretty unimportant compared to
actually indexing and playing music well, and not crashing.

--eric