Amarok SVN crashes on load

Henry de Valence hdevalence at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 02:50:42 UTC 2009

I assume this is some problem with me since other people don't seem to have
it.

Basically, Amarok from SVN (as well as Amarok 2 from the SUSE packagemanager)
crashes on load.

When I run amarok I get this console output:
hdevalence at linux-6szk:~/Documents> amarok
amarok(27545) Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin::createBackend: using backend:  "Xine"
<unknown program name>(27544)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it
probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
sock_file=/home/hdevalence/.kde4/socket-linux-6szk/kdeinit4__0
hdevalence at linux-6szk:~/Documents> amarok: Fatal IO error: client killed

and this backtrace: http://rafb.net/p/tJ3vMv41.html
(it's rather long, so I wasn't sure if I should include the text in the
email...)

Is this a problem with my Phonon? How should I try to figure out what's wrong?

Henry de Valence