Last.FM streams doesn't work

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Mon Jan 26 14:44:38 UTC 2009

On 26 Jan 2009, at 13:19, Mark Kretschmann wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Jan Holthuis <jan at holmek.de> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, the Last.FM-Streams (shown in vertical tab
>> ≫Internet≪ →
>> ≫Last.FM≪) do not work at all. No error message in the
>> program itself,
>> but this is printed in the console:
>
> [...removed 30 lines of redundancy]
>
>> Btw: I'm using a caching proxy with authentification.
>
> This would probably explain your problem: The Last.fm code does not
> currently work correctly with proxies, AFAIK. The problem is known and
> being worked on, I think.

Last.fm streams should work fine with a proxy, just the love action
should not work. That said, by "working fine with a proxy" i mean we
use KIO to access the network, so it takes into account your KDE
settings. make sure you have KDE set up ok, and you can stream other
tracks.

if that all works, then i don't really know what is wrong. But amarok
is getting bogus info (or no info) from the server.

leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680
Tufts University 2010