Amarok in Kubuntu 8.10 freeze from time to time

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 18:59:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Sheng Yang <yasker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, great Amarok team!
>
> Thanks for your great work on Amarok! It's my most favorite buddy here!
>
> But recently Amarok brought me indeed some trouble...
>
> You can see my bug report at:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/amarok/+bug/314317
>
> Some summary:
>
> I am a user of Kubuntu, and recently upgrade to 8.10. And the most recently
> upgrade package result in my Amarok stuck. It's freeze from time to time
> when playing.
>
> The characteristic:
> 1. Freeze at the beginning of OSD show, that's means at beginning of one
> music is playing.
> 2. Higher possibility on some certain songs, but they can be mostly played
> well if you click to play.
> 3. The quickest freeze happened after three songs...
> 4. Change engine to yarup didn't help the problem, though seems a little
> less frequency.
>
> One thread backtrack attached. Except this one, other threads mostly
> pthread_cond_wait() or pthread_cond_wait_timeout().
>
> If you can help to indiciate how to debug, it's also appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for reporting this issue on Launchpad. We're not really
supporting Amarok 1.4 anymore. Looking at the backtrace it appears
something is wrong with DCOP, so I think Launchpad was the correct
place to report the issue.

You could install the latest Amarok 2 release, with instructions here:
http://www.kubuntu.org/news/amarok-2.0.1.1

Ian