patch for src/playlist/view...

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 07:50:01 UTC 2009

> 2) extends "size" interpretation: (see updated demo layout)
> 0.0: autosize (display:inline)
> ( 0.0, 1.0 ]: row percentage width (display:block, as originally)
> ( 1.0, +inf ): absolute width (in "em", i.e. char width) this is eg. helpful
> to align track numbers
> ( -inf, -1.0 ); [ -1.0, 0.0 ): absolute and percentual limited inline
> display (that is: the text is written as for "0.0", but never covers more
> than the given limit)

Sorry, but I think this is the wrong way to go about this. I think I
understand what you want to achieve, but I also think that by encoding
so much information into a single value, we are making the XML very
hard to parse for normal humans. I would much rather if we split these
4 cases into separate attributes so we have size ( or width, that
proposal makes sense ) that acts like currently, and then have other
non mandatory attributes for the other cases. That will make it much
clearer what is going on I think.

Thoughts?

- Nikolaj