Amarok improved GUI proposal

Luis Augusto Fretes Cuevas augustofretes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 00:22:34 UTC 2009

I'm not a graphic designer, nor good at drawing.

I made a fast mockup of what could be an improved Amarok 2.x interface while
I was going to college, just an simple draw, but I explained every change.

I think, that at difference of other mockups, it still is the original
vision of Amarok devs.

-----------

Things that you should be aware of when looking other mockups:

On hover options in something like a playlist is a non-sense. Example:

"User see "X" song at the bottom of his playlist"

"User moves the pointer to click on it"

Conclusion 1:

"User got annoyed by a "menu" which covered what he wanted to click, now he
have to scroll!"

Conclusion 2:

"User accidentally click on something on the "hover menu". He cleared his
playlist (or whatever), his amazingly annoyed."

This mockup, I think, lacks those kind of problems. Of course, if you find
any problem with it, please comment it :-)
Link to the mock-up: http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8042/idea3ok4.jpg