recognizing changes in files

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 19:49:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 6:13 AM, Mark Kretschmann wrote:

> PS: While most file systems support mtime, a minority of them doesn't.
> Among those is FAT32, and possibly also NFS, which would explain your
> problems.

Since this topic came up I'd like to ask one question. Currently all
my audio files that I want to access from amarok collection are
sitting in one directory. The directory and its contents reside in one
ext3 partition (no symlinks to other partitions). When I try scanning
this directory for adding to the collection, only ~10% of my audio
files are scanned. ~90% of my audio files (mostly mp3, but also some
mpc and ogg) do not show up in the amarok collection. Some first order
subdirectories are not even touched. I tried both importing my amarok
1.4 playlist and creating the playlist from scratch. Same results. Any
ideas why this is happening to me?

Cheers,
Orcan