recognizing changes in files

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Jan 1 11:13:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Martin (KDE) <kde at fahrendorf.de> wrote:
> due to the problem with changing tags in amarok (speed down) I use
> kid3 for now. The Problem: the changes are not recognized by amarok.
> The tags are written to the files (verified with id3info). The
> timestamps of the files have changed. but amarok shows, neither from
> the collection tab nor from the file tab the correct tags. I have to
> run a collection rescan to get updated most of the tags. And I have to
> restart amarok to show all tags the way they are.
>
> I use Amarok 2.0 on KDE 4.1.3, fedora 10, collection is on a NFS
> volume

Amarok detects collection changes by detecting changed directory
"mtime" values. To get a certain directory rescanned (if it doesn't
happen automatically), just "touch" (Unix command) the parent
directory, and then click "Update Collection".

PS: While most file systems support mtime, a minority of them doesn't.
Among those is FAT32, and possibly also NFS, which would explain your
problems.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer