OS X very high CPU load

Christie Harris christie.harris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 23:34:29 UTC 2009

Hi guys,
For a while now I've been trying to find time to investigate high CPU
load with Amarok 2 on intel OS X, particularly when Amarok is
"idle" (ie, not playing anything, not building any collection).

By high, I mean around 70%!

I've finally tracked it down to the "Current Track Info" plasmoid/
plasmid or whatever they're called, being present on Amarok launch. I
can remove this, and CPU load drops down to 1% and stays there, even
when "Current track info" is re-added.

If I remove "Current Track Info" then quit Amarok and relaunch, the
plasmoid is back, and CPU is high again.

I'll post this as a bug if I need to, but I was mainly checking to see
whether a) it's a known problem that's already been fixed, and b)
whether there's any other info I can provide before I do file the bug.

Cheers, Christie