Collections on External HDD

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 16:32:57 UTC 2009

> Porting MountPointManager and the device plugins in devices/ to use
> Solid. Ideally they should be moved into SqlCollection, because that's
> where the code logically belongs, but loading plugins from a plugin
> might be tricky. The database schema is already
> DynamicCollectio-enabled. After porting to Solid, emitting a
> collectionUpdated signal whenever MPM detects a device change is
> probably the only thing left to do.
>
> Max
>
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Any idea how/where we should start on this?
> >
> > Casey

> is
> issue
> without

> direction
> >>
> >> I too have this problem.. and it is very annoying. Amarok should
> >> definitely not freak out when collection folders are missing. Perhaps
> >> Mark will know something as he's spent a lot of time fixing the
> >> collection scanner.
> >

> > This is the whole dynamic collection feature that we had in Amarok 1.
> Sadly
> > this has not yet been ported to 2.0. However, i'm not sure where to start
> > looking---sending an email to maxx_k is probably the best bet for
> pointers.

This would be especially useful for me as well.  Until somebody makes 2TB
internal laptop hard drives I'm forced to mount my collection via NFS
share.  Then 1/2 the time when the wife reves up the microwave my wireless
connection to the share drops and I'm donzo!

--
projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours?  Fedoraproject.org