Collections on External HDD

Nick Ogden nick at nickogden.net
Sun Feb 8 13:02:22 UTC 2009

Hey people,

For a while there has been some functionality missing from Amarok 2 which has
burnt me.

Basically, I have all my music on an external hard drive. While this is
normally connected to my laptop, it is sometimes not mounted. The issue is
that every time I start Amarok and then mount my hard drive a full collection
rescan takes place. This means of course, that all my modifications to my
collection are lost etc... If I start Amarok without mounting my hard drive,
then close Amarok, mount my hard drive and restart Amarok the same thing
happens.

I assume this is to do with the incomplete implementation of non-local
collections? I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of
where this should be fixed / implemented so that I might have a go.

Thank you to all of you for your work on Amarok.
--
Nick Ogden

Email: nick at nickogden.net      PGP: 2598FFE4
Web:   www.nickogden.net