Amarok 2.2.1.90 cannot play files with '#' in the path or filename

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 06:41:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Jack Lloyd <lloyd at randombit.net> wrote:

> I just saw the thread on this from earlier this month in the archives.
> Upgrading phonon from 4.3.50 to 4.3.80 seems to fix it.
>
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 01:09:05PM -0500, Jack Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> I recently upgraded from Amarok 1.4 to 2.2.1.90. This version
>> seemingly cannot play any files that contain '#' in the filename or
>> pathname; they show up in the playlist but Amarok just skips over
>> them.

I have the same situation in 2.2.1.

In Ubuntu/Kubuntu, phonon-related files installed are:

phonon-backend-xine, version 4:4.3.1-4ubuntu1
libqt4-phonon, version 4.5.3really4.5.2-0ubuntu1
python-qt4, version 4.6-1

All are the latest available with Kubuntu backports installed. Any suggestions?

Valorie

PS: screenshot of Synaptic available at http://imagebin.org/77521 .
Why in the heck do they not allow copy/paste from Synaptic? Geez!
--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .