Amarok 2.2.1.90 cannot play files with '#' in the path or filename

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Tue Dec 29 18:09:05 UTC 2009

I recently upgraded from Amarok 1.4 to 2.2.1.90. This version
seemingly cannot play any files that contain '#' in the filename or
pathname; they show up in the playlist but Amarok just skips over
them.

Example names:

/media/music/Wolf Parade/Wolf Parade (EP #3)/
/media/music/Godspeed You! Black Emperor/F# A# oo/
/media/music/The Decemberists/The Crane Wife/05 - The Perfect Crime #2.flac

In the first two cases, Amarok will not play any files in the
directories; in the third, Amarok will, on reaching the file, simply
stop playing anything in the playlist.

These files played fine with Amarok 1.4, and continue to play fine with
other players, such as Mplayer.

$ amarok --version
Qt: 4.5.3
KDE: 4.3.3 (KDE 4.3.3)
Amarok: 2.2.1.90

I am running Gentoo on x86-64.

Any ideas?

Please CC me on any replies as I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
  Jack