songs repeating twice (SOLVED partially)

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Dec 14 19:53:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 10:26 -0700, Greg Woods wrote:
> I am having a problem with songs repeating twice when I am
> using Random set to Album. One of two different things can happen,
> seemingly randomly. One is, each song plays twice before moving on to
> the next one. At the end of the album, it moves to the next album. The
> second thing I see is that the entire album will repeat twice, that is,
> it will play all the songs once, then play all the songs on that same
> album again.

> In all cases, after the second play, it moves on as it should. (It
> will
> also move on if I manually skip to the next track which is what I
> usually end up doing). Every once in a while, it plays an album
> normally
> and moves on.
>
> This is on Fedora 12 with the latest version (2.2.1-2). This does not
> occur at home on a Fedora 11 system with 2.2.0-2. I have already tried
> completely rebuilding the collection thinking that maybe the songs
> were
> listed twice or something, but that hasn't helped.

I still don't know what causes the issue in the first place, but I found
a workaround. If each time I start up Amarok, I do a Replace Playlist,
the problem goes away. If I quit and restart Amarok (or reboot my
system), then the repeating twice problem comes back and I have to
Replace Playlist again. I have no idea why that helps or is necessary,
but it works.

--Greg