Edit id3 tags

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sun Dec 6 15:14:12 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If i edit the tags with eg kid3 then the tags are not
> > displayed if i re open the "Edit track details" dialog
> > in Amarok.
>
> I've noticed this behavior before too.. I just thought I was crazy and
> hadn't actually edited the tracks.

Jeff knows more, but essentially there is some deep brokenness in SqlMeta
(caching for the sqlcollection). The problems are subtle and can manifest
themselves in weird ways---they have to do with cache inconsistencies when
updating tag data. We were actually talking yesterday morning about tossing
SqlMeta completely, as the times when the most DB lookups are being done
(scanning, for example) Jeff has made impressively fast now,

leo