getting my podcasts back?

Matt Price moptop99 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 02:30:54 UTC 2009

hi,

i migrated my 1.4 collection over to 2.something some time ago, on an
ubuntu system on which amaork is pretty much my only qt application.
At the time there were still a number of problems with the 2.x series
and I moved over to another player for a while.  Now that 2.2.1 is
available, I'd like to give it a try, but when I start it up I find
that the 30 gigabytes of downloaded podcasts in
.pde/share/apps/amarok/podcast are no longer part of my collection,
and that, in fact, all my old podcasts seem to have disappeared.  Is
there anything I can do to get the old podcasts back?  And is there a
way to sort of export these podcast files to another player?  on my
main laptop, amarok is just too heavey fight now -- in fact most
things are too heavy, I'm running openbox & mostly using emacs, and
even so I don't have a lot of resources to spare.  I would however
love to be able to have my old amarok podcasts available on that
machine as well.

Thanks so much for your help,

Matt