[Patch] "No grouping" checkbox in playlist layout

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 08:34:34 UTC 2009

> Thanks for the suggestions.  I've attached a revised patch that I hope
> addresses your comments.  It's a bit more extensive, but it is more robust
> too!  The patch I've attached is not incremental, so revert the last patch I
> set first (I have an incremental one to send if you want).

Good! Incremental patches are bad juju! :-)

This seems like a very well made patch and the functionality seems
solid. I like the way it works much better than your last one since
clicking the "don't group" button does not discard any information
form the layout.

> One issue I can't track down is it doesn't play nice with the inline
> editor.  I'll go after this in a bit, but I wanted to get the new patch out
> for review.

Likely you just have to create the inline editor widget with the
correct layout item config when grouping is disabled, so this should
be easy to fix. In any case, since we have a soft feature freeze
starting tomorrow, I will go ahead and commit push this patch to git
master, that way it gets in in time for 2.2 and you have some time to
clean it up and tweak it. Great work overall!

> Thanks again for your help!

No problem. Thanks for helping us make Amarok better! :-)

- Nikolaj