talk about screwing the pooch!

Myriam Schweingruber myriam.schweingruber at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 11:36:20 UTC 2009

Hi William,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 23:49, william<whensley at frontiernet.net> wrote:
> I spent nearly 9 months finding track info album cover and lyrics for my
> entire collection with amarok 1.4 with Ubuntu 8.4 and 8.10. upgraded to
> 9.4 and amarok 2 all gone albums no longer match covers artists no
> longer match tracks, Ex. Amphetamine Annie is now by Andy Williams on 25
> modern jazz greats??? Not even close! If this is the best you guys can
> do I'm going back to windows

Hey, calm down!. If you have the default Jaunty 9.04 then you have a
very early version of Amarok, namly 2.0.2 which is quite old and
outdated (remember, Jaunty was released in April this year, the
feature freeze was a month before that...) You should upgrade to 2.1.1
which is available through the jaunty-backports repository.

Also Amarok uses a mysql embedded database now, so of cours importing
another database is not that easy. But before upgrading to an new
version one should read release notes anyway, so don't blame us for
your lack of information.

You can find the change-logs and release notes for all Amarok versions
on our website: http://amarok.kde.org, the release notes for Kubuntu
Jaunty can be found here:https://wiki.kubuntu.org/JauntyJackalope

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org