Amarok 2.1.1 External MySQL

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 23:51:52 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Jeff Mitchell<mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> Brian Blater wrote:
>> So, when does this option work? Which version or do I need to wait
>> until the GUI has the option?
>
> Please read the blog post you've been pointed to twice. Here it is again:
>
> http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/1067-MySQL-Server-Support-Promised-and-Delivered.html
>
> --Jeff

Yes, I have read the blog and it said that 2.1.1 was supposed to have
this capability, but as it states it does not work using the amarokrc
file. It does state that a GUI will be available in the future. I was
just more curious as to when this will actually be fixed and in what
version, but that doesn't matter right now as I've gone back to 1.4.10
for the time being and will wait for the fix to come about later.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Brian