Amarok 2.1.1 External MySQL

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 21:53:10 UTC 2009

It is my understanding that A2 has the capability of using either
MySQLe or an external MySQL db. I have a server in my network that has
my old A1.4 MySQL db on it and I want to point A2 to use this db. I've
been all over google and amarok.kde.org to find out how to point A2 to
an external db server, however, I can't seem to find anything other
than it is now supported.

The box I run amarok on is a Fedora 10 x64 box running Amarok 2.1.1.
Can someone please point me in the right direction? If I run Amarok I
can see how to import my old db into amarok but I can't see anywhere
to point amarok to use the external MySQL server for its db.

As always, thank you for your help.

Brian