last.fm Radio isn't working anymore

Jan Holthuis jan at holmek.de
Fri Apr 24 11:04:42 UTC 2009

I just wanted to let you know, that Last.FM radio never worked for me in
Amarok. Neither now (I am a subscriber), nor before the restrictions went into
effect (I tried it in 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.1 Beta 1).
Does the radio code probably doesn't support proxies? Scrobbling works fine
with proxy, but when I try to listen to radio, playback doesn't start - there
isn't even an error message.

This happens if I try to play a Last.FM-stream (amarok -debug):

amarok: BEGIN: void Playlist::Actions::play(quint64, bool)
amarok: BEGIN: void EngineController::play(const Meta::TrackPtr&, uint)
amarok: BEGIN: virtual void MultiPlayableCapabilityImpl::fetchFirst()
amarok:       [lastfm] load config
amarok: END__: virtual void MultiPlayableCapabilityImpl::fetchFirst() - Took
0.00051s
amarok: END__: void EngineController::play(const Meta::TrackPtr&, uint) - Took
0.00072s
amarok: END__: void Playlist::Actions::play(quint64, bool) - Took 0.0009s
""
 QUrl(
"http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/radio/adjust.php?session=&url=lastfm://user/Holzhaus/personal&lang=de"
)
""
""
WARNING: GOT NULL NODE IN COPY CONSTRUCTOR!
[...]

Thanks in advance,
Jan Holthuis

PS: I would be nice, if you could add the Last.FM stream to the playlist via
Drag&Drop. At the moment, you have to right-click and use »Append to
playlist«. :-)