Season of KDE 2009

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 06:21:07 UTC 2009

Hi Vignesh

I am sorry your project was not selected for GSoC, as you have likely
already heard many times, we had a very large number of very good
proposals and only a few slots to go around.

We would love to have you work on your project outside GSoC. KDE is
running a Season of Usability program for students who did not get
accepted but would like to work on their project anyway. Have a look
here: http://blog.lydiapintscher.de/2009/04/20/announcing-season-of-kde-2009/

In any case, you should likely talk to Leo as he is the main Amarok
"Context View Dude" at the moment. Together you can figure out how to
approach this. Likely you will be able to jump right in as the Amarok
source code has a "playground" area where you can start working on
apples and their engines without disrupting the rest of Amarok which
is currently in feature freeze for our 2.1.0 release.

- Nikolaj