Syncing Amarok Databases

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Tue Apr 14 12:23:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 07:58:26 -0400, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> Colin Kern wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to keep my Amarok database synced between by home and work
>> computer.  Mostly what I care about are the ratings and scores of
>> songs.  What would be the best way to do this?  I've thought about
>> putting the relevant files into a SVN repository and just committing
>> and updating (which files would I need?).  Does Amarok let me choose a
>> different location for my database?  Can I just use sshfs and tell
>> Amarok on my home computer that my database is on my work computer?
>> Any other ideas?
>
> The best way is to become a developer and help us implement this support
> natively (it has always been planned)  :-)
>
> Otherwise, you could do something like SVN if you wanted...just make
> sure that the path to your music files is consistent on both computers.
>
> --Jeff

I'll have a few thoughts at this too.

I happen to own a domain (http://audio-tracker.com) which I might want to
give a new destination. And this sounds like a fun project to do. :)
Although I miss the programming skills to make the necessary internal
changes to Amarok (if needed). I've had some thoughts so far about syncing
the Amarok database with the site and how neat that would be. Just
statistics, dynamic signatures and nothing more. Kinda like Audioscrobbler
(pre last.fm) used to do.

--
Eelko Berkenpies