Amarok 2 and iPhone/iPod Touch

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Mon Apr 13 22:24:53 UTC 2009

2009/4/13 Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net>:
> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 15:26 +0200, Sven Krohlas wrote:
>>
>> > Is Amarok 2 supporting the iPhone/iPod Touch in any way?
>>
>> Hoping that the site is up2date:
>> http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Media_Device:IPod
>
> I went there.
>
> and no, Amarok 2.0.2 does not see my iPod Touch. It sees a regular iPod
> fine, though.

Unfortunately, none of the Amarok developers own any iPod touch or
iPhone devices. This means that it's a little hard to know exactly how
the ipod device handling will work under these situations.

Any assistance we could use in improving support for these ipods would
be greatly appreciated.

>> Generally Amarok should support all the iPods libgpod can handle:
>> http://gtkpod.wikispaces.com/Supported+iPods
>
> I have been using libgpod 0.6 for a while now, and it is fine with
> gtkpod and Amarok 1.4.x. libgpod 0.7 is also fine with GTKPod, but is
> not used by Amarok (2.0.2) yet (2.1 uses it).
>
> Nico

Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/