Amarok stopping playback seemingly "at random"?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Apr 11 19:38:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 20:14 +0200, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>  It seems that sometimes amarok decides to stop
> playback at the end of a song (no particular one, seen it with at least
> 5 or 6 different ones) and I can't get it to start playback again when
> this happens. I need to kill amarok and restart it to have it play
> again.

I have something not exactly this, but maybe from a similar cause? About
1 time in 3, when I pause, I cannot get it to start playing again
without quitting out of amarok and doing a "killall amarok", then
restarting. I haven't seen it stop playing randomly, only failing to
restart after a pause. When the problem happens, doing a play causes the
control icons to change and show that it's playing, but the status bar
doesn't move and no sound comes out.

I'm using the Fedora 10 packages (currently at 2.0.2-3). My collection
is mostly ogg files with a few MP3's and FLAC's, but the hang occurs
randomly regardless of the type of file being played. I can reproduce it
with a few pause/play cycles, it only takes 4 or 5 for the hang to
occur.

--Greg